ALL ABOUT LASERHOW WELL DOES IT WORK?
Are you ready for the silky skin of your dreams without all the hassle of constant removal? Most Simplicity customers achieve 70 to 90 percent reduction with a consistent series of treatments. Everyone is different, so progress varies based on hair color and skin type, as well as client feedback about regrowth, resistance, and changes in texture or color; however, we have premium lasers that can treat all skin colors and hair types. Keep in mind laser hair removal is less effective on clients with red, blonde or grey body hair. SHOP NOW
WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE?
It’s not a relaxing massage, but it’s wonderful compared to the pain of waxing. Most people tolerate it very well. Many customers have compared it to a rubber band snapping against the skin. However, everyone’s pain tolerance is different. SHOP NOW
CAN I GET TREATED?
Sure! As long as you are not pregnant, not under 18, do not have epilepsy or cancer, and are not using any medications that causes photosensitivity. We also can’t treat over or close to tattoos or permanent makeup. SHOP NOW
WHAT BODY AREAS CAN I GET TREATED?
At Simplicity, we can treat any body area for both men and women. The most popular areas for women include upper lip, underarms, bikini line, and legs. The most popular areas for men include the back of the neck, back, chest, and abdomen. SHOP NOW
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE TREATMENT?
See our pre and post treatment instructions to prepare for treatment. The two main things you need to remember are to come clean-shaven (no waxing or tweezing at least 3 weeks before) and stay out of the sun for a week before your treatment. SHOP NOW
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER MY TREATMENT?
After your treatment, the treated area may be red or pink and feel similar to a sunburn, but the reactions should resolve within 24 hours. Simplicity offers Restorative Gel to soothe and protect your skin after treatment. See pre and post treatment instructions for more information. SHOP NOW
WHO WILL PERFORM MY TREATMENT?
A certified Simplicity laser technician will perform each treatment. Technicians all receive on-going training to ensure consistent quality and safety. SHOP NOW
WHAT KIND OF LASERS DO YOU USE?
Good question, it's great to do your research! We use ND:YAG and Alexandrite lasers from Candela because they are the most effective lasers on the market and allow us to treat any skin color and type. We also use the most advanced cooling technology. We use Zimmer machines that blow continuous cold, numbing air on your skin during your laser treatment to make sure you are comfortable. SHOP NOW
WHAT WILL IT COST?
We have affordable starter packages that won’t leave you guessing how much you are going to pay. Start today and pay $89 for six treatments on our small areas like your underarms, chin, or bikini line. Or, if you want our full-results membership pricing, give us a call and we'll give you all our pricing over the phone. There is no need for a time-consuming, in-person consultation.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORKS?
For more laser hair removal facts click here.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR TREATMENT
- Check these diagrams to see exactly what will be included in your treatment areas.
- Clients with red, grey, or blonde hair in the area to be treated should consult with a Simplicity Laser Technician prior to receiving treatments, as the laser is less effective on these hair colors.
- During your treatment, you can expect slight discomfort, similar to a rubber-band snap on your skin.
- You may experience slight redness, bumps, and swelling in the treated area for up to 72 hours. We recommend topical creams such as Restorative Gel, Lux MD, aloe, calamine, or hydrocortisone to be applied to the treatment area.
- Allow a minimum of 7 to 14 days post-treatment for hair to “fall out" or shed from the skin.
- On average, clients experience up to 30% reduction of active hair follicles after each treatment.
- For best results, allow your technician(s) to customize your treatment schedule based on your needs.
- Be advised, clients may not bring children under the age of 12 to their appointments.
- To keep skin healthy as well as eliminate bacteria, we recommend daily use of our Restorative Gel.
- Avoid tanning beds and sunless tanning products to prevent adverse reactions.
- Avoid sun exposure greater than 30 minutes, even if wearing sunscreen.
- Treatment area must be clean-shaven 12-24 hours prior to treatment. Unshaved clients will be rescheduled. Razors are not provided in the clinics.
- Skin must be clean and free of makeup, lotions, oils, deodorant, sunless tanning products, numbing cream, etc. Products on the skin can increase the likelihood of adverse reactions from the laser.
- Avoid physical activities that increase body temperature for at least 2 hours before treatments.
- Skin that is sunburned, hot to the touch, peeling or is otherwise damaged cannot be treated.
- Mild redness and swelling of the hair follicles may occur (histamine reaction). This is normal and should lessen with time. Avoid picking or scratching the skin. Cool cloths may be applied.
- Avoid sun exposure, and other sources of UV light for 7 days post treatment. Careful sun exposure of no more than 30 minutes may be resumed from days 7-14 post treatment with daily use of zinc oxide sunscreen (SPF 30+). Avoid tanning beds for 14 days post treatment.
- Apply a zinc oxide sunscreen (SPF 30+) and use daily throughout treatments.
- To reduce heat retention, avoid tight clothing, boots, heated seats, etc. The body needs time to cool down after treatments to avoid complications.
- Avoid activities that increase body temperature for at least 2 hours after treatment, or longer if redness and bumps persists.
- If redness, swelling or itching continues, an over-the-counter cortisone cream and/or an oral antihismine (Benadryl) may be used in addition to cool cloths and Restorative Gel. Do not apply ice directly to the treated areas.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS
- The best way to minimize the risk of side effects is to avoid UV exposure for 7 days pre and post-treatment.
- Avoid sunburns and tans for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid sunless tanning products for 7 days before treatment.
- Provide your technician with an accurate and up-to-date medical history in order to receive safe and effective treatments.
- Side effects are uncommon but may include; Hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin), Hypopigmentation (loss of skin pigmentation), mild to moderate burns or blisters, permanent skin discoloration, temporary redness, follicular edema (little pink/red “puffiness, and small bumps like “goosebumps”), swelling and itching in the treated area, hives, rashes, bruising, and lack of desired results.
- Clients who are pregnant cannot be treated.
- Technicians cannot treat over tattoos.